Thursday, June 21, 2012

What Politicians Are Really Saying on Arena Proposal

The SoDo arena proposal is now mired in political rhetoric from political politicians - the worst kind! What are they really saying?

  • What about Key Arena? - The Key is a dead-end cul-de-sac of a facility. We can't solve it, so we want someone smarter than us (read: you, Chris Hansen) to solve it!
  • What about Bellevue? - Gosh, I wish those rich eastsiders would take this off our plate!
  • What about a public vote? - I'm too chicken to make a tough decision...
  • Mr. Hansen is in it to make a profit. - He has evil motives and is an evil man.
  • I haven't seen the plans. - I haven't seen the plans, but I'm too stupid to know that plans are not required at this point and will be coming in due time.
  • Will create too much traffic. - I just don't want this "gift" from Chris. I just don't want it.
  • The Port will create 100,000 jobs. - The Port is bleeding jobs and needs a rhetorical dagger. 
In the end, I don't think political rhetoric will win out; common sense will. But, political rhetoric can certainly log-jam even the most well laid plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment