Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chrome vs. Firefox in Ubuntu


I'm a fan of Chrome. I'm a fan of Firefox. I'm a fan of Ubuntu. I go back and forth between these two browsers, but I don't go back and forth between Ubuntu and another computer OS.

Chrome is known for its speed, and of course, its integration with the panoplia of services, most of which I do use. Firefox, while not quite as fast, for me anyway, is a bit more tightly integrated into Ubuntu, being the OS's browser of "choice". Downloads are faster and software is integrated into Ubuntu's software center. Both pride themselves on being "open" and both are fighting for users in an increasingly competitive space. Chrome now owns over 33% of the browser market.

For you Ubuntu advocates, which browser reigns supreme? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment